Bud Light Bowl Projections Roundup: Week 8
We’re more than halfway through the season and the bowl projections are starting to take shape. Here’s a look at what the experts think after week 8:
- Jason Kirk – SBNation: Oklahoma State vs. Texas A&M
- ESPN.com Big 12/SEC Bloggers : Oklahoma vs. Tennessee
- Brett McMurphy – ESPN: Oklahoma State vs. Texas A&M
- Mark Schlabach – ESPN: Kansas State vs. Kentucky
- Jerry Palm – CBSSports.com: Kansas State vs. Oregon State (SEC Replacement)
- Phil Steele – PhilSteele.com: Oklahoma vs. Kentucky
- Mike Hugeunin – NFL.com CFB: Baylor vs. Texas A&M
- AdvoCare V100 Texas Bowl Staff: Kansas State vs. Texas A&M
Click HERE for a handy reminder of our new Big 12/SEC ins
Where we stand: A pair of upsets left the Big 12 more wide open than ever over the weekend, as any one of six teams could either win the conference or finish in 6th place. Highlighting Saturday’s surprising results were West Virginia win over 4th ranked Baylor and Kansas State’s road victory over Oklahoma, moving the Wildcats into the driver’s seat of the Big 12. Kansas State still must travel to West Virginia, Baylor and TCU but could be a College Football Playoff darkhorse if they can navigate a difficult schedule.
Over in the SEC, a blowout win by Alabama over Texas A&M proved that it was entirely too early to count the Tide out of any CFP discussions. Else ware, results were as expected with LSU taking down Kentucky and Ole Miss dropping Tennessee. The conference remains arguably the strongest in the country and could send as many as four or five teams to the top six CFP bowls.
After eight weeks of play, we’re sticking with last week’s projection of a 1998 Big 12 Championship rematch between Kansas State and Texas A&M on December 29th.
- Texas @ #11 Kansas State: 11:00 AM CST, ESPN
- #22 West Virginia @ Oklahoma State: 2:30 PM CST, ESPN
- #3 Ole Miss @ #24 LSU: 6:15 PM CST, ABC
CLICK HERE to guess the winners in our weekly Bud Light Pick ‘Em contest and win a VIP AdvoCare V100 Texas Bowl Experience!
College Gameday Sign of the Week:
My buddy's sign pic.twitter.com/D8cQyMeOU3
— Jon Marchant (@MrWarchant) October 18, 2014
Ridiculous Punt Return of the Week: SBNation helps us count the missed tackles in this crazy high school punt return from last week:
The Greg Poppovich School of Press Conference-ing Award: After last week’s gem from Mizzou’s Gary Pinkel, Paul Johnson goes out on a limb about the remainder of Georgia Tech’s season
Paul Johnson perfectly encapsulates the Coastal: "We can win the rest of our games or we can lose the rest of our games."
— Harold Gutmann (@haroldgut) October 19, 2014