Bud Light Bowl Projections: Week 11
It was separation Saturday across the college football world, as TCU, Baylor and Alabama each secured huge wins that kept them in the thick of the playoff race. Here’s a look at where we stand in the bowl projection world after week 10:
- Jason Kirk – SBNation: Kansas State vs. Texas A&M
- Stewart Mandel – Fox Sports: Oklahoma State vs. Texas A&M
- ESPN.com Big 12/SEC Bloggers : Texas vs. Texas A&M
- Brett McMurphy – ESPN: Texas vs. Texas A&M
- Mark Schlabach – ESPN: West Virginia vs. Texas A&M
- Jerry Palm – CBSSports.com: Kansas State vs. Florida
- Phil Steele – PhilSteele.com: West Virginia vs. Texas A&M
- Bill Bender – Sporting News: Oklahoma State vs.Texas A&M
- AdvoCare V100 Texas Bowl Staff: Texas vs. LSU
Click HERE for a handy reminder of our new Big 12/SEC ins
Tickets are on sale now, get your seats before prices go up on December 2nd! BUY NOW
Where we stand: Popular bowl pick Texas A&M enjoyed a huge road upset win over Auburn on Saturday, holding on late as the Tigers fumbled two times on their last four possessions. Florida also moved one win closer to bowl eligibility with a big win over Vanderbilt, and Alabama remained in the CFP hunt with a thrilling overtime win in Death Valley over LSU.
Two huge matchups highlighted a pivotal weekend in the Big 12, with Baylor and TCU securing wins over Oklahoma and Kansas State, virtually eliminating the Sooners and Wildcats from the College Football Playoff discussion. The other big news in the Big 12 revolved around the Texas Longhorns, who took down West Virginia and suddenly only need one more win to gain bowl eligibility.
The SEC picks remain focused on Texas A&M, as their proximity to Houston and huge local alumni base may increase the likelihood the SEC will send the Aggies down the road to NRG Stadium. However our guess has moved back over to the LSU Tigers after the Aggies big win in Auburn over the weekend. The Big 12 options are likely down to West Virginia, Kansas State, Oklahoma, and now Texas. Should the Longhorns pull off one more win it could potentially set up a huge matchup in Houston, pairing two of the most high profile teams in college football history.
- Texas @ Oklahoma State: 6:30 PM CST, FOX
- Missouri @ Texas A&M: 6:30 PM CST ESPN
- #16 LSU @ Arkansas: 7:00 PM CST, ESPN 2
CLICK HERE to guess the winners in our weekly Bud Light Pick ‘Em contest and win a VIP AdvoCare V100 Texas Bowl Experience!
College Gameday Sign of the Week: Ouch.
Best Dance Party: Coach Kill (one of our favorite coaches in football) gets his groove on following the Gophers’ big win over Iowa:
Best Use of the Democratic Process:
— Andy Staples (@Andy_Staples) November 4, 2014